Narrative Description of Project :-
Ministry of Urban development (MoUD), Government of India represented by Government of Madhya Pradesh, Greater Vishakhapatnam Smart City Corporation Ltd under Capacity Building for Urban Development (CBUD) has invited the Empanelled Consultants to assist the Vishakhapatnam for assessing the Non-Revenue Water and Developing Strategy and Implementation Action Plan for Reduction of Non-Revenue Water. Under the AMRUT mission one of the reforms is to make an action plan to reduce water losses to less than 20 percent. M/s DRA Consultants Ltd is an Empanelled consultant to MoUD to provide technical assistance in Assessment of Non-Revenue Water and Developing Strategy and Implementation Action Plan for Reduction of Non-Revenue Water in Select Smart Cities and providing services to Greater Vishakhapatnam Smart City Corporation Ltd as selected consultant.
Description of actual services provided in the assignment :-
1. Preparation of water balance as per International Water Association (IWA) methodology.
2. Detailed survey including measuring of discharge at household level for NRW assessment.
3. Assess detail area wise losses in each DMA zone.
4. Energy Audit studies for raw water, Water treatment and supply.
5. NRW studies – Preparation of detailed 3-5 years NRW reduction strategy. Develop strategy for
reduction of NRW, Implementation options. Road-map for rationalization of user charges.
6. Prepare implementation contract documents on performance based NRW reduction framework Assist in obtaining
funding for implementation.
7. Preparation of Detailed Project Report, Contract documents, Interim reports etc.